Depending on the requirements and test procedures as documented in the System Test Plan, the Supplier may need to develop test scripts to execute the tests. If test scripts are not required and tests are conducted manually, the Supplier shall run test cases. If test scripts need to be developed, the Supplier shall develop test scripts. There may be scenarios where the test cases necessitate both manual test case execution and test scripts execution.
Run Test Cases
- Supplier shall execute the tests as documented in the Acceptance Test Cases and shall capture the test results. There may be additional system test cases identified by the Supplier, which are required to check the system’s interoperability requirements and robustness.
Record Test Results
- Supplier shall execute the tests using the test scripts and record the results during System testing. The Test scripts, which need to be updated for correction and completeness, shall be validated and checked into the CM repository.
Verify System Test Results
- Project Manager shall verify the test results to:
- Compare against the pass criteria as documented in System Test Plan
- Identify problems with testing procedure, setup and environment
- Check whether the system after testing is suitable to go into Acceptance Testing
- Supplier shall log the defects and classify them as per the Appendix A, Definitions of the Severity/Origin and Aging. The Project Manager shall ensure that all the defects and issues are resolved effectively. The defect-tracking tool, as decided by the IO organization, may be used to store the details on the defects. The Project Manager shall ensure that defect tracking procedures, as documented in the System Test Plan, are followed.
Prepare System Test Summary Report for the Cycle
- Supplier shall prepare the System Test Summary Report at the end of the test cycle and communicate it to the Project Manager.
Review System Test Summary Report for the Cycle
- The Project Manager shall review the testing results as documented in the System Test Summary Report to check if the testing pass/ fail criterion is being met by the project. If the tests results have not met the criteria, then the Project Manager shall plan for next cycle of testing.
Plan Next Test Cycle
- If the tests are not successful, the Project Manager shall ensure that the Supplier resolves all the identified defects and issues before executing the next cycle of tests. The effort for Regression Testing shall be estimated and the Project Manager shall ensure that the plan for next test cycle includes the Regression Testing.
Fix Defects and Issues
- If the tests are not successful, the Supplier shall fix the identified defects and resolve inconsistencies, if any. The Supplier shall conduct all the necessary Unit and Regression Tests before conducting the next test cycle. The Test environment may have to be installed again to check the configuration and also if the installed environment had to be modified. The system must be built again and installed on the Test environment to repeat the steps under test build and installation of the system.
Generate Final System Test Summary Report
- If the system has met the System Testing pass criteria, the Supplier shall generate the final System Test Summary Report (STSR) and communicate it to the Project Manager, CM Lead and QA Analyst.
Check In System Test Cases and STSR
- After obtaining the approval from Project Manager, Supplier shall check in the STSR, system test scripts, test data, system documentation and the system’s source code into the Project’s CM repository