Create Test Scripts
- Test scripts shall define the detailed steps that demonstrate if the system meets a specific requirement. The test procedure is basically a collection of all the test scripts. An integral part of each test script is the expected results.
- Development team, when outsourcing the Supplier, shall develop the test scripts to test the system. If the test scripts are developed during Integration Testing, then the Supplier may need to revalidate the test scripts and update them, if required.
- The development team, when outsourcing the Supplier, shall update the System Test Plan, if required, to ensure consistency of the test procedures and the test environment.
Validate Test Scripts
- Development team, when outsourcing the Supplier, shall validate the test scripts to ensure that they are consistent, complete and accurate with the agreed test cases.
Update Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Development team, when outsourcing the Supplier, shall update the Requirements Traceability Matrix to trace the test scripts to the test cases and obtain approval from the Project Manager to baseline the RTM.
Check In Test Scripts and RTM
- The development team, when outsourcing the Supplier, shall archive the validated test scripts and the RTM in the CM repository for future use. These test scripts shall be used for regression testing and hence they should be easily retrievable.