After successful migration of the new system into production, the ownership of the system shall be transferred to the Operations and Support Team for monitoring and supporting the system.
Support New System
- The Site Deployment Manager shall ensure that the start-up of the new system is successful and the transition to the new system is smooth for the End-Users.
- Site Deployment Manager shall plan to provide an additional short-term support team to answer questions, monitor the new system operation, and analyze problems that occur during the start-up period.
Train Operations Team
- Site Deployment Manager shall ensure that the Support Team is trained to support and monitor the new system. The Site Deployment Manager shall track the training conducted for the Operations and Support Team and End-Users against the planned training activities given in the Site Training Plan of Site Deployment Plan.
- Site Manager shall review and monitor whether the End-Users have been trained on the new system.
Transfer Ownership to System Owner
- Site Deployment Manager shall transition the current approved version of System Documentation, Site Deployment Materials, Training Materials and application to the System Owner. The Site Deployment Manager shall transfer the ownership responsibility to the various support groups, as per Operations and Support Plan, and obtain a sign-off from the System Owner after successfully transferring the system. The System Owner shall verify whether:
- The system is performing as per the specified requirements in the Production environment.
- The Operations and Support Team is trained to support and monitor the new system.
- The latest version of System Documentation, Site Deployment Materials, and Training Materials are provided to System Owner.
- The same version of application source and executable’s as the deployed system is provided to the System Owner.
Archive System Documentation
- System Owner shall archive the transitioned System Documentation, Training Materials, Site Deployment Materials and Application in the site’s centralized repository for usage during the start-up period.
- The Site Deployment Manager shall ensure that the system and System Documentation is archived in the central repository, or in the asset management system as identified by the System Deployment Manager.