Allows the project manager to increase support and minimize resistance from stakeholders, significantly increasing the chances to achieve project success.
Communicating and working with stakeholders to meet their needs/expectations, address issues as they occur, and foster appropriate stakeholder engagement in project activities throughout the project life cycle.
Manage Stakeholder Engagement involves activities such as:
- Engaging stakeholders at appropriate project stages to obtain or confirm their continued commitment to the success of the project;
- Managing stakeholder expectations through negotiation and communication, ensuring project goals are achieved;
- Addressing potential concerns that have not yet become issues and anticipating future problems that may be raised by stakeholders. Such concerns need to be identified and discussed as soon as possible to assess associated project risks; and
- Clarifying and resolving issues that have been identified.
- Stakeholder Management Plan
- Communications Management Plan
- Change Log
- Issue Log
- Change Requests
- Updated Project Management Plan
- Updated Project Documents
- Communication Methods
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Skills
- Using the <?>, [the ?] with support from <?> is responsible for …