Within each unit, an individual(s) is assigned responsibility and authority for ensuring that members of the unit participate in Workgroup Development activities, as appropriate.
Adequate resources are provided for performing Workgroup Development activities.
- The organization’s workforce competencies are defined.
- Workforce competency descriptions and competency-based processes are available for use in Workgroup Development activities.
- Experienced individuals who have expertise relevant to Workgroup Development are made available for developing workgroups.
- Resources for supporting Workgroup Development activities are made available. The resources provided to workgroups should be selected for their support of the workgroup’s defined processes, integrated into the defined processes and other work-related activities of
the workgroup, and consistent across dependent workgroups to the extent possible.
- Funding to accomplish Workgroup Development activities is made available.
- Adequate time is made available for training and facilitation in workgroup skills.
Responsible individual(s) to whom the members of a workgroup are accountable develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to manage workgroups.
Workgroup members receive appropriate guidance or training in workgroup skills.
The practices and procedures for performing Workgroup Development are defined and documented.
- Practices and procedures are defined and documented at the organizational or unit levels, as appropriate.
- Guidelines for tailoring the practices and procedures for use in different circumstances are documented and made available, as necessary.
- The individual(s) assigned responsibility for coordinating Workgroup Development activities across the organization ensures that defined practices and procedures are maintained under version control, disseminated through appropriate media, interpreted appropriately for different situations, and updated through orderly methods.
- Experiences, lessons learned, measurement results, and improvement information derived from planning and performing Workgroup Development practices are captured to support the future use and improvement of the organization’s practices.