Within each unit, an individual(s) is assigned responsibility and authority to ensure that the performance of business and workforce activities within the unit contributes to developing a participatory culture.
Adequate resources are provided for performing activities that support development of a participatory culture.
- Strategic and operational business objectives are defined and made available.
- Performance results are collected at the organizational and unit levels.
- Experienced individuals who have expertise in areas such as decision analysis and communication are made available.
- Resources that contribute to a participatory culture are made available.
- Adequate support is made available for participatory activities.
- Adequate funding is made available for resources that contribute to a participatory culture.
Managers develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform their responsibilities regarding communication and participatory management.
Individuals and groups who participate in Participatory Culture activities receive the preparation in problem-solving and decision making processes, methods, and skills appropriate to the types of decisions they will participate in making.
The practices and procedures for developing a participatory culture are defined and documented.
- Practices and procedures may be defined and documented at the organizational and/or unit levels, as appropriate.
- Guidelines for tailoring the practices and procedures for use in different circumstances are documented and made available as necessary. .
- The individual(s) assigned responsibility for coordinating activities to develop a participatory culture across the organization ensures that defined practices and procedures are maintained under version control, disseminated through appropriate media, interpreted appropriately for different situations, and updated through orderly methods.
- Experiences, lessons learned, measurement results, and improvement information derived from planning and performing the practices for developing a participatory culture are captured to support the future use and improvement of the organization’s practices.