Within each unit, a responsible individual(s) coordinates actions regarding proposals for improving workforce practices and activities and manages deployment of improvements or innovations.
Adequate resources are provided for continuously improving workforce practices and activities.
- Data are available for evaluating the needs for continuous workforce improvements or innovations.
- Experienced individuals with expertise in specialized areas are available to help in evaluating, planning, and supporting initiatives for innovating or improving workforce practices and technologies.
- Resources for supporting continuous improvement of workforce practices and activities are made available.
- Funding and resources are available for acquiring advanced workforce technologies for evaluation and for running trial projects, supporting the facilities and infrastructure needed to install and maintain advanced workforce practices and technology, and establishing the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to use improved workforce practices.
- Time and support are made available for evaluating suggestions and conducting trial implementations.
Those responsible for continuously innovating and improving workforce practices and activities develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform their responsibilities and to apply relevant evaluation methods and continuous improvement techniques.
Individuals receive orientation or preparation in the innovative or improved workforce practices and technologies adopted by the organization.
- Individuals who are responsible for performing new workforce activities have developed the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform their new responsibilities.
- Individuals who will be subject to new workforce practices and activities are provided orientation to the new activities.
- Individuals who will use new workforce technologies receive required training in the use of these technologies.
- Consulting support is available on a continuing basis in the use of new workforce practices and technologies.
The practices and procedures for performing Continuous Workforce Innovation are defined and documented.
- Practices and procedures are defined and documented at the organizational or unit levels, as appropriate.
- Guidelines for tailoring the practices and procedures for use in different circumstances are documented and made available, as necessary.
- The individual(s) assigned responsibility for coordinating Continuous Workforce Innovation activities across the organization ensures that defined practices and procedures are maintained under version control, disseminated through appropriate media, interpreted appropriately for different situations, and updated through orderly methods.
- Experiences, lessons learned, measurement results, and improvement information derived from planning and performing Continuous Workforce Innovation practices are captured to support the future use and improvement of the organization’s practices.