Within each unit, an individual(s) is assigned responsibility and authority for ensuring that workforce practices and activities are designed to motivate individuals and workgroups to develop and apply workforce competencies.
A responsible individual(s) coordinates the competency-based practices and activities for each workforce competency.
Adequate resources are provided for ensuring that workforce
practices and activities are designed to increase the organization’s
capability in its workforce competencies.
- The workforce competencies of the organization have been analyzed, and the organization’s capability in these competencies is known.
- Experienced individuals who have expertise in workforce practices are available for guiding adjustments that increase the organization’s capability in its workforce competencies.
- Resources for supporting workforce practices and activities that have been adjusted to increase the organization’s capability in its workforce competencies are made available.
- The strategic workforce plans of the organization and each unit’s planned workforce activities focus on increasing the capability of the organization in its workforce competencies.
- Funding to accomplish competency-based workforce practices and activities is made available.
- Adequate time is made available for performing competency-based workforce practices and activities.
Those responsible for competency-based workforce activities develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform their responsibilities.
- Individuals assigned responsibility for performing competency-based workforce activities receive training or orientation in the application of these practices.
- Individuals assigned responsibility for designing and adjusting competency based workforce practices receive training in the knowledge and skills required for performing their responsibilities.
The practices and procedures for performing competency-based workforce practices are defined and documented.
- Practices and procedures are defined and documented at the organizational or unit levels, as appropriate.
- Guidelines for tailoring the practices and procedures for use in different circumstances are documented and made available, as necessary.
- The individual(s) assigned responsibility for Competency-Based Practices across the organization ensures that defined practices and procedures are maintained under version control, disseminated through appropriate media, interpreted appropriately for different situations, and updated through orderly methods.
- Experiences, lessons learned, measurement results, and improvement information derived from planning and performing competency-based
workforce practices are captured to support the future use and improvement of the organization’s practices