A responsible individual(s) coordinates the Competency Analysis activities for defining, developing, and maintaining each workforce competency.
Adequate resources are provided for performing Competency Analysis activities.
- Documentation of the organizationís business activities and processes are made available for analysis.
- Strategic and operational business objectives are made available for developing the strategic workforce plan.
- Experienced individuals who have expertise in workforce competency analysis are made available.
- Resources for supporting Competency Analysis activities are made available.
- Funding to accomplish Competency Analysis activities is made available.
- Time, resources, and access to staff for analyzing workforce competencies are made available.
Individuals performing Competency Analysis activities develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform their responsibilities.
- Individuals performing Competency Analysis activities receive preparation in relevant analysis methods and techniques needed to perform their responsibilities.
- Individuals who participate in Competency Analysis activities are provided orientation to the purpose of and methods used in the Competency Analysis
The practices and procedures for performing Competency Analysis are defined and documented.
- Practices and procedures are defined and documented at the organizational or unit levels, as appropriate.
- Guidelines for tailoring the practices and procedures for use in different circumstances are documented and made available, as necessary.
- The individual(s) assigned responsibility for coordinating Competency Analysis activities across the organization ensures that defined practices and procedures are maintained under version control, disseminated through appropriate media, interpreted appropriately for different situations, and updated through orderly methods.
- Experiences, lessons learned, measurement results, and improvement information derived from planning and performing Competency Analysis practices are captured to support the future use and improvement of the organization’s practices.