Commitment to Perform Instructions:
Executive management establishes and communicates a set of values for the organization regarding the development and management of its workforce.
- Executive management shall documents a set of values to guide people-related behavior in the organization.
- Executive management shall publicly endorses the documented values of the organization.
- Ensures that the values are communicated to all members of the workforce.
- Executive management shall derives policies and procedures for workforce activities from these values.
- Executive management shall establishes mechanisms to ensure that all workforce activities comply with the organization’s values.
- Executive management shall enforces corrective action when workforce activities do not comply with the values of the organization.
- Executive management shall ensures that executive decisions and actions demonstrate consistent support for the organization’s values.
The organization establishes and maintains a documented policy for conducting its Communication and Coordination activities.
- Relationship of the Communication and Coordination activities to the business objectives, plans, and documented values of the organization.
- Importance of maintaining an open environment that supports communication flow in all directions.
- Requirements for periodic communication of organization-wide information to all individuals and workgroups.
- Requirements for developing communication skills in all individuals and workgroups.
- Opportunities for raising and resolving concerns.
- Importance of establishing and meeting commitments involving work dependencies.
- Importance of ensuring that individuals understand the impact of their communication or interactions and its potential to create a hostile work environment.
- Communication and Coordination activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and organizational policies.
An organizational role(s) is assigned responsibility for assisting and advising units on Communication and Coordination activities and procedures.