Design product component interfaces using established criteria.
Interface designs include the following:
- Stimulus and data characteristics for software, including sequencing constraints or protocols
- Resources consumed processing a particular stimulus
- Exception or error handling behavior for stimuli that are erroneous or out of specified limits
- Electrical, mechanical, and functional characteristics for hardware
- Services lines of communication
The criteria for interfaces frequently reflect critical parameters that should be defined, or at least investigated, to ascertain their applicability. These parameters are often peculiar to a given type of product (e.g., software, mechanical, electrical, service) and are often associated with safety, security, durability, and mission critical characteristics.
- Using the <?>, [the ?] with support from <?> is responsible for