Within relevant organizational units or other entities, an individual(s) is assigned responsibility and authority for ensuring that Competency Integration activities are performed.
A responsible individual(s) coordinates the activities for defining, developing, and maintaining each integrated competency-based process.
Adequate resources are provided for performing Competency Integration activities.
- he work processes to support each of the organization’s workforce competencies have been defined.
- Experienced individuals with expertise in process analysis and definition are available for defining integrated competency-based processes.
- Resources for supporting Competency Integration activities are made available.
- Funding to accomplish Competency Integration activities are made available.
- Adequate time is made available for defining, training, and facilitating the adoption of integrated competency-based process abilities.
Those involved in defining integrated competency-based processes develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform process analysis and definition.
Affected individuals and workgroups develop the knowledge, skills, and process abilities needed to perform the integrated competency-based processes involved in their work.
- Documentation of the organization’s business activities and processes are made available for analysis.
- Preparation in integrated competency-based processes is provided to all affected individuals and workgroups.
- Those who manage work performed through integrated competency-based processes receive the preparation needed to manage in multi-disciplinary situations.
- Individuals participating in integrated competency-based processes are cross-rained as needed in the competency-based processes employed by other
workforce competencies so that they can better understand the context of integrated competency-based processes, develop more accurate expectations about how those possessing other workforce competencies may react under changing conditions, and expand their ability to fill roles in the workgroup that they would not
- Additional facilitation is made available, as necessary, for workgroups deploying integrated competency-based processes.
- Additional preparation is made available, as necessary, when integrated competency-based processes are changed.
The practices and procedures for performing Competency Integration are defined and documented.
- Practices and procedures are defined and documented at the organizational or unit levels, as appropriate.
- Guidelines for tailoring the practices and procedures for use in different circumstances are documented and made available, as necessary.
- The individual(s) assigned responsibility for Competency Integration activities across the organization ensures that defined practices and
procedures are maintained under version control, disseminated through appropriate media, interpreted appropriately for different situations, and updated through orderly methods.
- Experiences, lessons learned, measurement results, and improvement information derived from planning and performing Competency Integration practices are captured to support the future use and improvement of the organization’s practices.